Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rearranged room/studio

So a couple nights ago I spent a few hours rearranging my room to accommodate my musical needs. By this I mean I turned my walk in closet into a homemade vocal booth with it's very own blanket nailed to the wall to act as that sound foam that costs hundreds of dollars to buy. There are many other things I did with it to make it a lot better to record vocals. Let's travel into the actual room: I moved the furniture and electronics in such a way that now I'm able to hook up my Mac to my 42 inch TV so I can work with Logic on the big screen. I think something that's been an issue with my recording process has been the fact that my 13 inch computer screen just isn't doing it for me. Plus if you look in any professional studio, there's always a nice HD TV that's showing the DAW software, and that seems so much cooler than a stupid little laptop screen.

I also wish there were 32 hours in a day instead of 24. I think everyone would agree that we would need those extra 8 hours to get stuff done. I would probably be done with 2 albums by now if there was more time in the day... Sadly though I spend 30 hours a week at work while taking 4 classes at community college. This does not leave for much time to spend on music, which is quite unfortunate. I'm hoping that the coming summer will allow for more time to spend on music.

-Adam (Odyssey Aquatic)

No comments:

Post a Comment