Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Certain "Weather" Changes

Hey everyone, it's been more than a while since my last post so I figured I'd write up my annual blog post haha. I'll try to update more often if some interesting stuff occurs. It's getting to that time of year where the seasons make their transition from summer to fall (because Summer is basically fall, just add pollen. So no Spring... Sorry Spring lovers). This is also the time of year where I opt to listen to Genesis's "Wind & Wuthering" exclusively for a few weeks. Marillion so far has been the winner, however, as their new album "Sounds That Can't Be Made" has inspired me in new levels on the musical front. I just finished a demo on a thirteen minute song, my first Odyssey Aquatic epic! I'm pretty excited about where it's going. It'll be included in my full length album "Certain Weather", set to be released sometime in 2013. Vague, right? Well unfortunately I won't be able to know about an official release date until I figure out 100% what I want to do with this album. Since it's my debut LP, I want to make sure I get off to a strong creative start and don't rush it. I already have a 5 song instrumental EP, available here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/odysseyaquatic I'm still undecided as to whether or not to add vocals. They'd be subtle, dance style vocals, but I need to make sure I have a legit microphone and pre-amp. So my plan is to make it the sickest instrumental album I can make, and then at that point the only thing I'll need to make sure I have is money for vocal equipment. So the saving begins! As I'm writing this, I'm in the middle of a nice little cold. I hope this ends soon. Random, sorry. I've signed over 100 songs now to production music libraries to this point, which I've yet to see any money from, but I know it's definitely a patience-testing venture. I'm planning on also getting a career in music supervision or music A&R. I figured that money seen from production music should be looked at as extra money, and that I need a real music career to anchor my production music, Odyssey Aquatic music, and soundtracks. Anyways, I'm definitely excited to see where Odyssey Aquatic and my musical journey will lead to in the future. Hopefully we'll talk sooner than a year from now. Maybe it'll be two years! Kidding... Thanks for reading and listening! -Adam Galloway (Odyssey Aquatic)

No comments:

Post a Comment